Full-Time Worship Leader
Lithia, Florida, United States
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Worship Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship ministries of Grace Community UMC. Oversight of the worship ministry of Grace Community UMC includes but is not limited to leading our community worship; implementation of Grace Community UMC’s vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the senior pastor; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups throughout the church to use music and the arts for worship; ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Track record of success as a team builder.
- Proficiency in playing piano or guitar with the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of Worship Ministry in a church with multiple worship services with nurturing talent in multiple age groups.
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres.
- Minimum of 2 years of worship leadership experience or qualified worship degree
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Media Shout, and video projection.
- Ability to work with Chord Charts, Sheet music, and Guitar Tabs.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Commitment to ongoing personal & professional growth.
- Fully support the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Grace Community UMC.
- Must have strong vocal skills.
- Must have a teachable heart.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Grace Community UMC.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Grace Community UMC in consultation with the Lead Pastor and worship planning team.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Introduce our worship teams to worship training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and our Preferred Future document and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained and modify as needed.
- Lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Work closely with the children and student ministry pastors to develop their worship programming experiences
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new worship experiences with modern, contemporary and traditional styles of worship music and formats.
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop
How to Apply
Deadline to apply is March 7, 2013. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org