Part-Time Worship Pastor (possible Youth component)
Waterford Township, Michigan, United States
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
These are exciting days at Waterford Oaks Community Church! We are two years into a complete reinvention of our ministry model that has seen our existing congregation revitalized and new growth (mostly from our community’s dechurched segment) beginning. We saw an increased in attendance of 15% last year, with roughly 1/3 of the congregation having attended WOCC less than 2 years. Current pastoral leadership has been in place for those two years, working with our Leadership Team to shape this new identity with fresh vision.
Thus far we have restructured our ministry model and discipleship strategy (something we’re calling “Worship +1 and Serve”), and reinvented our Kids’ and Youth ministries. Now we are looking for the right person (or couple) with the musical ability and visionary leadership to forge a new identity for WOCC. We are currently using recorded music, blending traditional and reworked hymns with modern worship music. Our intent is to gradually move towards a fully blended modern worship in order to better connect with emerging generations.
Ideally, we would love to find a candidate who has a heart to work alongside our existing middle and high school student ministry as well, though our focus is on finding a worship pastor. Compensation is negotiable and we intend this position to grow into a full time ministry role (either in Worship, Youth or a combination thereof) in the next 2+ years.
Part-time employment is defined as approximately 20 hours per week. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and leading music for the Sunday Morning Worship Experience,
- Developing additional vocalists/musicians
- Meeting regularly with the pastor for mentoring, visioneering, and discipleship
- Involvement in the life and flow of the church and its ministries
The successful candidate will be someone who meets the following minimum requirements:
- Passionate worshipper and disciple of Jesus Christ, with testimony of a personal conversion experience and consistent, growing relationship with Christ.
- Clear sense of call to ministry with a desire to lead worship in the local church
- Technical competence in leading worship with vocal and instrumental skill
- Leadership and team building skills and the ability to raise up, develop and invest in future musicians
- Desire to learn with us what it looks like to reach our community through dynamic worship and teaching plus a commitment to discipleship and service
- Willingness to work within the doctrinal and organizational sphere of The Wesleyan Church
While experience is a plus, limited experience need not disqualify the right candidate. Please provide references that can attest to your faith experience, your personal character and your technical competency to lead worship.
For more information about WOCC, please visit us on the web waterfordoaks.org.
How to Apply
Direct all inquires and resumes (email preferred) to:
Pastor Jeremiah Clements
Waterford Oaks Community Church
2950 Watkins Lake Road
Waterford, MI 48329